Site supervisor/Project Controller
Posted September 05th 2022
- Adherence to company H&S procedures, quality and environmental management systems. Contribute to and support the company’s high standards of work and employee engagement.
- Preparation of project documentation, including RAMS, monitoring reports and progress reports and works programmes.
- To prepare permits and consent applications where applicable.
- Co-ordination with sub-contractors, clients and consultants. Represent the company in a professional manner during site meetings and issue written correspondence in the required time frame.
- Ordering of materials, equipment and resources to ensure to efficient productivity of site works.
- To build on, or learn an understanding of borehole drilling techniques, groundwater pumping systems, water treatment technologies and monitoring systems. To be able to discuss technical matters with confidence when required.
- Co-ordination with international colleagues from our parent company group who support our UK projects, as and when required.
- Preparation of simple construction and as-built drawings.
This role requires a proactive individual working within a small team, with an expected equal split between office and site based work (this is subject to change depending on workload). Projects can vary in scale and scope, with a client base ranging from Tier 1 Contactors to small groundworks contractors. The individual must be able to communicate effectively between all levels of the business.
This position would suit someone who is hardworking, reliable and willing to learn on the job. There will be opportunity to progress within the company for the right person. The applicant must be able to speak, read and write competently in English.
Hours and location:
Full time (42.5 hours per week Monday – Friday).
We operate across the whole of the UK (& beyond), so you must be prepared to travel, and spend nights away from home, on a weekly basis. The role will be split between the PDL office,
- Construction/Civil Engineering background/understanding – direct dewatering experience would be a bonus.
- Full UK driving licence
- Excellent IT skills across Microsoft Office
- Holder of CSCS card, plus any other Construction/Construction management training is an advantage
- Ability to work under pressure; think clearly and act decisively
- Good personal organisation skills
- Good listening and communication skills
- Good problem solving skills
- Team Player
- Keenness to learn and improve own knowledge and skills
- Company pension
- Life assurance
- Company sick pay scheme
- Free parking at office
- Generous holiday entitlement
- PPE provided
- Training programme
- Friendly company, with focus on the wellbeing of its staff
Please attach your covering letter and CV to the email.